Remodeling your home is something that is inevitable if you’ve owned it long enough. You might simply dream about it for a while, but eventually you’ll realize that just making repairs isn’t enough to keep the house in good enough shape for the long term.
There are other reasons that remodeling moves from the category of “dream” to necessity. You may have new additions to your family and need room for them to live, or you may want to upgrade the feel and look of the property if you are planning to resell it.
When it comes to home remodeling, though, do you think that doing it in stages is better or not? Some homeowners will do it in stages as they really have no choice, like their funds are not enough and they find it hard to come up with the needed amount in one go. But since you can always apply for a loan, you might want to know the real thing between home remodeling in stages and in one go.
In one go advantages:
- You can use just one master plan consistently.
- You can have all the permits in one go as well. It will be less hassles, considering that such permits are quite complicated to obtain.
- More affordable and less timeframe as well. You can right away enjoy the fruit of your plans.
- You need not deal with a disarrayed home for long.
- You need not bother your neighbors for long as well because of the noise and maybe, the hassles of pollution residues.
Remodeling in stages advantages:
- You can start right away since you need less money for the upfront expenses.
- You need not apply for any kind of loan and thus, you won’t feel restrained. You can just have the project at your own pace.
- The stress will be less as you will just tackle each problem when you can already deal with it.
- You need not move for the time being since you can just settle in any areas of your home that is not affected with the project.
Actually, if you think about it, every option has its own pros and cons. It will just depend on what will suit you best or your lifestyle for that matter.